I’ve always thought
that I would love to live by the sea
To travel the world alone
and live my life more simply
I have no idea what’s happened to that dream
- Doctor in Brooklyn: Why are you depressed, Alvy?
- Alvy's Mom: Tell Dr. Flicker.
- Alvy's Mom: It's something he read.
- Doctor in Brooklyn: Something he read, huh?
- Alvy at 9: The universe is expanding.
- Doctor in Brooklyn: The universe is expanding?
- Alvy at 9: Well, the universe is everything, and if it's expanding, someday it will break apart and that would be the end of everything!
- Alvy's Mom: What is that your business?
- Alvy's Mom: He stopped doing his homework!
- Alvy at 9: What's the point?
- Alvy's Mom: What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!
- Doctor in Brooklyn: It won't be expanding for billions of years yet, Alvy. And we've gotta try to enjoy ourselves while we're here!
Mr. Franz I think careers are a 20th century invention and I don’t want one.
rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness… give me truth.